Validation Engineer - Embedded Controls
Summary of the Validation Engineer - Embedded Controls:
Our client, a well-established supplier of vehicle safety technology, has experienced continuous growth due to their successes in the marketplace. As a result, they’re currently looking for a Validation Engineer to join their team. In this position, you will work closely with the Lead HIL engineer on testing a variety of control systems including motion, active safety, and automated driving. You'll assist in HIL test set-up, do CAPL scripting to run tests, and work on issues that come up. You’ll then interpret and catalog results using MKS and DOORS. In addition to your technical responsibilities, the company is looking to develop next generation validation processes and you’ll be a key team member in the effort. Over time, this position will take on more product testing responsibilities, where you'll manage/organize testing for the complete product, including analyzing test specs and assigning functions to each discipline (mechanical testing, software testing, etc.). This is a stable, challenging position in a critical technical area for the automotive industry. It would give you high visibility and a chance to make a contribution to an important sector of the industry.
Qualifications of the Validation Engineer - Embedded Controls:
- BS in engineering field and 5+ years of controls development/testing experience.
- Experience in embedded software/controls validation, including instrumentation, data acquisition, and data analysis.
- HIL validation background is a plus, including CAPL scripting, Matlab/Simulink, and FMEA.
- Experience with CAN and its related tools.
- Experience in test specification management and organization, with product-level knowledge.
- Any knowledge of C language, safety standards (ISO 26262), or EEPROM management is a plus.
- Solid communication skills.
Location: Detroit area, MI
Compensation: $85,000-105,000year, depending on experience level
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - HIL, "Hardware in the loop", CAPL, MKS, DOORS, Matlab, Simulink,.CAN, ISO, EEPROM, FMEA