Our Client is the leader in advanced flight controls for the world’s Next Generation of Civil and Military Aircraft. They are actively working a number of high profile development programs and have recently been selected as the flight control lead system integrator for a couple new programs. As a result, they are looking for highly motivated and talented engineers who thrive on challenge and enjoy working on cutting edge applications.
Engineers are challenged with:
- Meeting demanding performance requirements
- Designing safety critical systems
- Delivering systems that will perform to expectations in harsh environments
If this excites you then read on…
As the Test Equipment Design Engineer you’ll be a primary contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex control test equipment used on military, and commercial aircraft components. Most new applications require a special, tailored design, even though adaptation of existing designs always should be considered where appropriate.
You can expect to:
- Build a project plan for the successful testing of new products from start to finish.
- Conceptualize and design of automatically controlled mechanical/hydraulic test rigs.
- Operate either independently or as part of a design/development team, which includes other Department engineers
- Be concerned with system or component performance and integration, both being achieved within budget and prescribed schedules
- Coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, designers, analysts, manufacturing engineers and others who assist in specific assignments
- Communicate with the involved Division support personnel, keeping them informed of progress and educating them on the operation and performance of the design
- Possibly provide direct supervision of up to four subordinate engineers and/or project or product-engineering technicians. This would include setting their workload and priorities, counseling and conducting performance appraisals.
To be considered for this position you’ll need the following:
- Bachelor of Science’s degree in Electrical Engineering, probably an advanced degree
- 5 + years of experience with design, analysis, and development of complex electro-hydraulic, electro-mechanical, or electro-pneumatic servo-mechanisms for mechanical and hydraulic test rigs
- A proven record of successful development programs working as a part of a project team
- Experience in the areas of Requirements Definition, Integration, V&V, modeling & simulation with project management.
- Since this individual will often be seen by customers as the responsible technical representative of the company, you must be able to communicate fluently to a wide variety of audiences.