We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager Group Lead for our client in the Northeast! It is a direct hire need, however, contract-to-hire is an option for qualified candidate(s) that may prefer this approach!
As Software Engineering Manager [Group Lead], you will manage a group of approximately [25-35] Software Engineers. This group consists of approximately  software teams. Your Team Leaders take operational responsibility for projects under your supervision. A successful candidate is a hands-on technical expert who has excellent management and people skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Your group will be working on robotics, image processing, complex algorithms, GUI and application software. We have a well-defined software development process from requirements to testing. We use a concurrent engineering way of working to develop our software. Software designs are documented using UML. We have approximately  Software Developers. Overall, we have approximately [1,000] Software Developers at our HQs. The development environment is Red Hat Linux; execution environment is Wind River Linux.
- Manage [25-35] Software Engineers, often involving a number of Team leaders acting as First Line Managers within your group under your supervision.
- Coaching and evaluation of group members.
- Interact with Project Leaders in the development programs and allocation of staff in line with program needs. Review project plans and proactively support project realization. Review project plans and proactively support project realization.
- Manage the delivery of designs in your group that meet the requirements of our development programs.
- Review technical solutions proposed and technical product documentation produced by the group.
- Define and implement the competence and resource road map for your group
- Oversight of technical quality and reviews
- Shape the way the team develops software
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Proven experience with respect to the aforementioned responsibilities
- Proven experience in mid-level management
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals
-  years of embedded C/C++ software development experience
-  years of experience in leading software teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural setting
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professional designers
- Pragmatic attitude
- Ability to think and act on a strategic level
- A passion for software engineering
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment
The following qualifications are a plus:
- Deep technical expertise
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven record of delivering complex software for a high tech company
- [10+] experience with C/C++, Python, Java
TriTek Staffing, Inc. is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer