Orbital ATK is currently recruiting for a Senior Director of Supply Chain Management, Information Services, and Lean Improvement Initiatives to lead a new department at our Aerospace Structures Division (ASD). The position is located in Clearfield Utah but also has responsibility at all sites including Dayton OH and Iuka MS. It reports directly to the Vice President and General Manager for ASD. This position leads this conglomerate group consisting of over 90 people
- Supplier Management
- Development and implementation of key strategic initiatives for low cost supply partners, improved cash management, and direct and indirect cost reductions
- Effective management of Supply Chain for OTD and 100% quality to support existing production and development and future operations and programs
- Effective management of tooling, equipment, and facilities suppliers to support new program development milestones
- Effective management of indirect and maintenance suppliers to ensure all production operations are supported while costs are driven to aggressive year-over-year reductions
- Application of program management skills/tools to manage supplier performance
- Development of supplier should-cost estimates and ability to drive suppliers through supplier development initiatives to these prices
- Information Services:
- Improve overall IS system reliability
- Support new program start-up needs with functional infrastructure with a specific focus on compartmented programs
- Achieve year-over-year IS operating cost reductions
- Prioritization and implementation of IS special projects to improve operational efficiency
- Coordination with Enterprise System leadership to drive strategic system initiatives and ultimately lower corporate level allocations
- Process Excellence/LEAN:
- Demonstrated ability to lead LEAN activities for the division including specific metrics for tracking efficiency gains and cost reductions
- Coordinated plans to sponsor both operational and office level events with adequate resource involvement for synergistic gains amongst various departments
- Lead continuous improvement culture throughout the division to achieve tangible cost reduction results
- Support of materially significant cost reduction activities across the segments for both direct and indirect pools.
- 15+ years in a senior management position with significant organization influence on division outcome
- Proven ability to partner with senior level executive peers in a collaborative method to resolve problems and achieve key business results
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelors degree; technical discipline preferred
- Technical and business acumen in the Aerospace industry to include knowledge of major manufacturing technologies and methods.
- Demonstrated history of using data and rigorous discipline to drive decisions/direction
- Ability to formulate and execute complex project plans and initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation and critical thinking skills. Clearly demonstrated commitment to open communication.
- Ability to operate and lead in team environment, and teach and mentor others to manage in same way
- Ability to lead and influence appropriate change in business systems to meet current and future business goals and objectives
- Strong financial and budgeting skills, including EAC process familiarity.
- Must have or be able to obtain a security clearance to support programs at ASD
- Command skills that inspire confidence of internal ASD teams to achieve objectives and portray credibility with our customers, suppliers, and upper management
- Excellent LEAN understanding and demonstrated ability to champion a culture of continuous improvement. Ability to further continuous yet controlled improvements in organizations and processes and strengthening of workforce skills through application of lean thinking principles and tools.
- Knowledge of IS operating systems
- Six Sigma or Black Belt certification a bonus
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D