Position Title: Business Development Manager
Aerospace Aftermarket industry experience, required
Our Client is a full-service commercial aviation company, specializing in the sale and lease of commercial aircraft, engines and parts, with a focus on the Boeing fleet of aircraft. They are headquartered at the Kansas City International Airport.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Business Development, the Business Development Manager is a highly visible position, which is responsible for marketing and selling our aviation components, directly to commercial end users and industry peers. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the procurement process within their developed customer base, and hands on experience developing/implementing long term procurement programs within the aviation aftermarket industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Manage set of existing customers as well as targeted growth accounts
- Opportunity identification, quotation, negotiation, completion of sale
- Ability and willingness to travel 30% (must hold valid passport) for Customer visits, trade shows, or other purposes
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and evaluating options.
- Develops negotiating strategies, company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Participates in and develops strategic planning, making recommendations based on the external competitive and market environments.
- Identifies, develops and organizes overall capture strategies for new business opportunities in the target market.
- Participates in preparation, negotiation, and finalization of contract documents with clients.
- Engages senior management on specific opportunities and collaborates on bid-no bid decisions.
- Bears overall responsibility for the preparation of presentations, qualifications, and proposal documents.
- Collaborates with operations and proposal staff to develop proposal budgets, outlines, and schedules.
- Represents Company at trade shows, industry events, and customer visits
- All other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Business Development and/or Senior Management
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of proven sales or Business Development experience, preferred
- Aerospace Aftermarket industry experience, required
- Established network of Airline and/or peer company procurement team members
- BS Degree, preferred or relevant industry related experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth sales environment.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals
- In-depth knowledge and experience in sales methodology with excellent closing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand and implement relationship building with customers based on needs.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong proficiency with MS Office and general office technology
- Proficiency in Quantum, preferred
- Professional, polished communication skills – oral and written
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.