Plant Manager Operational Excellence
Focus: Automotive manufacturing experts
Job Code (0420)
Salary: $125,000.00 - $185,000.00
NOTES: 50% plus travel to sister facilities for the first 12-18 months.
Industries: Precision Metal rings/fasteners
Buzz words: TPM, TPS, Plant Manager, Kaizen, Lean, Six Sigma, P&L
Candidates must come from Automotive industry and held a plant manager type title
· The Operational Excellence team will be responsible for driving manufacturing operational excellence in support of short-term and long range business objectives and strategies.
· The initial focus will be in a consultative role to support the analysis of product flow and identify bottle neck and de-bottle neck to increase throughput year over year, support EPS Operations to rapidly implement and/or continuously improve usage of the stability tools (TPM, Kaizen, Daily Management, Communications, Suggestion System, Reward & Recognition and Problem Solving) or any other tools supporting standard practices deployment, prioritized according to their impact to EPS P&L.
· This role will assist with driving the organization towards highest operational standards through the application of the company Values, Lean Manufacturing , EHS protocols and the compliance with legal requirements, while using Degrees of Implementation (DI) to ensure good execution.
· These individuals will be in a pool for future Plant Manager Openings.
· The Engineered Products and Solutions (EPS) Business Group develops and manufactures high performance materials for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets. EPS offers unique, comprehensive capabilities, from advanced alloy and 3D printing powder development to advanced manufacturing and qualification expertise.
· Our global footprint of manufacturing and R&D facilities are strategically located adjacent to customer clusters and in low-cost regions. Our four business units are built on market leadership in airfoils, fasteners, rings, forgings, extrusions, advanced alloys and industrial gas turbines.
· Drive connections to the P&L to achieve benchmark industry specific earnings performance.
· Sets the vision for the organization by formulating and guides the implementation of long- and short-range plans, policies and programs associated with assigned business unit product offerings, within the broad framework of operating unit and corporate strategy and under the direction of senior management to achieve approved objectives.
· Facilitate cross-functional initiatives for mapping EPS process flow paths, gathering and analyzing process data to identify root cause problems, identifying areas of process improvements, and use of process techniques to develop solutions to improve and enable measurable results in process efficiency, customer satisfaction, product quality that drive higher productivity (DI) and profitable growth (DI)
· Lead multi-disciplined plant team in meeting monthly forecasts and all appropriate business metrics in a continuous improvement spirit.
· Develop strategic manufacturing direction and planning for a 1-3 year planning horizon utilizing lean manufacturing techniques, automation, and Kaizen disciplines.
· Implement quarter-over-quarter improvement strategies to increase efficiency, spend performance, customer delivery and safety record.
· Interface with manufacturing management in promoting the effective use of Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing initiatives established within operating model in their departments and all along the supply chain, including the interface with customers and suppliers
· Lead by example that safety is a way of life and a demonstrated a passion for an injury-free workplace.
· Strong leadership skills that create an engaged employee environment
· Strong customer management skills
· Ability to drive improvement through the implementation of the lean manufacturing principles
· Results driven and accountable for actions
· Ability to drive connections to the P&L to achieve benchmark industry specific earnings performance.
· Effective communicator in every setting
· Experience and demonstrated skills in creating a diverse workforce and inclusive culture
· Views safety as a way of life
· Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills including using skills with groups of employees, managers, customers, and the general public.
· Basic Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum 7 years of experience in manufacturing plant operations
· Previous plant management experience-150+ employees
· Toyota Production System-Deep knowledge required
· Experience in the Automotive or Aerospace industries-required
· Preferred Qualifications:
· Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution
· Experience in successfully implementing large scale/systemic change efforts across a diverse organization
· Experience in a Plant Manager role
· Experience with full P&L responsibility
· Experience in tooling or investment casting process
· Demonstrated results in leading manufacturing excellence
· Experience with, and understanding of, financial and non-financial metrics data necessary to achieve cost competitive high quality products; strong financial literacy
· Experience in a growth or turnaround of an operation
· Strong technical understanding of manufacturing processes and working knowledge in all business activities