Plant Manager Aerospace Castings
South Bend, IN
$145,000.00 - $165,000.00
Competitors: Metallurgy, Castings, Titanium, Aluminum, Foundry, Aerospace Metal/Composites
casting super alloys, titanium, aluminum, vacuum melted alloys, machining,
Automotive, Capital Projects, Continuous Improvement, Plant Management, P&L, TPM, TPS
High precision - metal castings, metallurgy, casting super alloys, titanium, aluminum. Aerospace Metal/Composites
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering (Master’s preferred)
7-15 years’ experience investment casting process
Strong Customer Interface experience
Ensures a culture is in place that puts the safety and welfare of all employees ahead of all other goals.
· Leading and lagging indicators need to be managed and linked to actions that will reduce risk in the workplace.
· Develops manufacturing operating plans in accordance with company policies, goals and objectives.
· Assessing process capability, improving process control and instilling a culture of accountability will be a primary goal for this position.
· Accountable for leading manufacturing, environment, health and safety, engineering, quality, human resources, and finance to achieve business objectives including meeting customer requirements and achieving financial objectives.
· Sets a high standard for ethics and compliance, ensuring business processes adhere to our business conduct policies and procedures.
· Develops and executes lean and flexible production systems based on TPM techniques across all manufacturing operations to lower plant breakeven point.
· Executes plans for quality and process excellence that ensures consistent quality assurance and process excellence procedures, controls and feedback.
· Manages an effective team including hiring, motivating, evaluating, developing and counseling with career development.
· Direct preparation of operational budgets and coordinates capital plans, appropriation requests, and project follow up. Implement quarter-over-quarter improvement strategies to increase efficiency, spend performance, customer delivery and safety record.
· Lead the implementation of tactics to achieve improvement in on-time delivery, yield improvement, scrap reduction, and productivity.
· Establishes the goals and metrics to drive improvement, and refine activities as needed with monitoring the projected effects of forecasts on the business unit
· Directs the development and maintenance of long-range operational forecasts regarding volume, market share, financial requirements, human resource needs, organizational plans, etc., and monitors the projected effects of
· these forecasts on business unit investment, revenues, and the “external gross profit.
· “Maintains an awareness of, and exercises sound business judgment in such areas as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic conditions and related matters.
· Champions a clear channel of communication and coordination between functional counterparts in the business units – marketing, engineering, finance, manufacturing, operations, and quality and external to business unit, customer service, sales, sales administration, technical services and distribution.
· Responsible for cross-functional coordination and specification of effective processes and standards for support departments. Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in applicable areas.
· Ensures that effective business unit systems, procedures and financial controls are established and maintained for the business unit’s operations.