Looking to join an excellent employer where your skills are truly valued?
Our client boasts experienced engineers and scientists that create innovative solutions that meet their customers' needs while maintaining the integrity of the original product's purpose. This is accomplished by bringing together a unique understanding of materials, processes, manufacturing capabilities, and design tools to produce and provide efficient solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner. Our client's unique understanding of the dynamic properties of materials including metals, elastomers, plastics, polymers, glass enamels, and composites enable our client to bring these often-ignored characteristics to bear in our effective and cost-efficient solutions. Their "difference" is their ability to effectively combine in-house research and development, understanding of structural dynamics, effective design and modeling capability, extensive prototyping capability, as well as manufacturing know-how into solutions that benefit our customers.
In this position, you will specialize in structural dynamics, material characterization, and system development. Your day to day duties will include:
• Develop, model, and test application-specific solutions for vibration issues
• Analyze vibration or noise issues for specific customer applications
• Perform experimental modal testing on a variety of structures and determine the mode shapes, resonant frequencies, and modal loss factor data for various modes of vibration
• Implement manufacture-able solutions for the customer’s applications
• Provide technical support to others
• Create and present reports to internal and external customers as required
• Maintain and improve in-house testing capability
Requirements include ...
• BS degree in Engineering - ABET accredited college or university (preferred) & 5 years’ experience in the field or related area
• Must have experience in one or more functional areas: Vibration analysis, model, and acoustic (including sound transmission loss) testing, constrained layer damping (CLD)
• Must have prior experience with project planning as well as posting process test data and developing final test reports
• Must have a fundamental understanding of electricity and electronics
• Must be proficient with AutoCAD LT, Catia v5 and Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Knowledge of Modal Strain Energy and applications to damping solutions and systems preferred.
• Programming experience with MATLAB or at least one other scientific programming language is preferred
• Programming in C++ or C# would be a plus
Apply to join this talented team today!
*** Relocation assistance provided***
Headquartered in North Central Indiana and founded in 2009, TalentSource Staffing is a sole source recruiting firm offering an awesome team of subject matter experts in talent acquisition! We are recruiting generalists and provide professional job placement in a wide range of disciplines and industries, including temporary and perm placement, payroll, and specialty staffing solutions to a wide variety of top notch clients! TalentSource Staffing is committed to establishing a long-term relationship with both their clients and candidates. They achieve their mission of providing superior customer service through customized talent solutions, with an emphasis on quality and continuous improvement. To learn more about TalentSource Staffing please visit us at www.talentsourcestaffing.com!
Talent Source Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Recruiting Firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.