Inspector Aerospace ( Dulles, VA ) 8782676
12 Month Contract
Pay Rate: $25-30/hr
Experience with hand measuring tools (Ex: calipers, micrometers, indicators); Experience with reading mechanical drawings including GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing); Excellent communicator and works with minimal supervision. Team: Machine Shop with 5-10 employees. Applicant will be part of a 2 person team that inspects machine shop and outsourced mechanical components Low volume, high mix. Machine Shop also has in-house plating and painting facility.**
QUALITY SPECIALIST (Machinist Specialization):
Position for Machine Shop Work Center
1. Perform in-process and final inspections on mechanical products in support of multiple Satellite Manufacturing Facility work centers (Receiving, Manufacturing, Integration and Test) and perform product build documentation review and end-item data package review.
2. Perform detailed inspections on Mechanical components at the piece part level, utilizing engineering documentation and applicable workmanship standards to verify as-built matches as-designed.
3. Uphold quality standards and workmanship practices in assigned work center(s) by learning/practicing process specifications and employing quality workmanship standards during everyday job functions.
4. Assist in training and developing training material for Mechanical inspectors.
6. Generate nonconformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
7. Review nonconformities and provide input relative to disposition of mechanical parts.
8. Review nonconformance reports and assist in developing Root Cause / Corrective Action plans through detailed analysis.
9. Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with ISO 9001/AS 9100 procedures and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
10. Take complex measurements utilizing inspection tooling and verify dimensional requirements/tolerances have been met.
1. Degree from accredited institution or trade school in mechanical field of expertise.
2. Working knowledge of TipQA and/or Costpoint database applications
3. Experience with CMM or FARO arm.