Engineering Technician ( Goleta, CA ) 8109931
9 Month Contract
Pay Rate : $25-30/hr
Mechanical and Electrical Assembly experience
Engineering Technician with relevant aerospace industry experience working on small, medium and/or large government and commercial programs.
Must be able to read and follow written instruction as well as interpret and apply technical drawing views and notes.
• Must be organized and accountable for personal workload.
• Must be diligence in maintaining paperwork associated with hardware assemblies so as to maintain traceability.
• Requires experience following procedures but also able to work with engineers to create new processes.
• Knowledgeable with structural bonding and application of coatings using various epoxy and silicone adhesive products.
• Working level understanding of force, torque, and precision hand tools.
• Organizational ability to follow, or determine, optimum order of assembly for complex structures and devices.
• Familiarity with electrical harness assemblies is preferred, including ability to interpret and work to electrical assembly schematics as well as basic electrical tests such as continuity and insulation resistance.
• 4 years or more documented experience in technical work. Aerospace experience preferred.
• High school diploma or equal - Junior college, trade school or university preferred.
The majority of the work will involve:
Mechanical assembly including threaded fastener and adhesive bonding using hand tools like torque wrenches, digital levels, calipers, force gauges.
Some of the work for more skilled applicants could include:
Electrical assembly including soldering (Jstd space addendum preferred), harnessing (crimping, connectorizing, dressing)
The materials for the work will be composite panels, solar cells, and machined parts